Thank you for purchasing Kincaid solid wood!
Now that you have Kincaid Furniture in your home we want to provide you with some tips that will help keep your furniture looking great for many years to come.
Many of the collections we produce use lumber with specific characteristics such as mineral streaks, knots, worm holes, and striped or tiger wood. These characteristics are not defects; they are nature's signature that can be found in certain species of wood. Since every tree is different, there may be wide variations in graining, markings, or shading on the same piece and between different pieces of furniture.
We use a lacquer coat as our final finishing process, which adds to the great depth and clarity of our finish. Lacquer finishes may be cleaned by wiping the surface with a soft cloth dampened with water. Our recommended cleaning solution is to mix one tablespoon of vinegar to one quart of water. Use a soft cloth and wipe with the grain. Use another clean, soft cloth to wipe up any excess liquid to make certain the surface is completely dry.
Here are a few suggestions to keep your furniture looking beautiful for generations:
- Modern finishes are formulated to have a high degree of resistance to color change. However, most lacquers and lumbers will darken, or amber, over time. To minimize this effect, furniture should not be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time. If sunlight cannot be avoided it is recommended to rotate the piece(s) periodically to get even exposure.
- All spills should be wiped off as soon as possible, including food and beverages, to reduce the chances of staining or leaving a ring or spot in the finish.
- Furniture should not be exposed to extreme humidity or temperature. This can cause both the wood and the lacquer to crack.
- Avoid the use of cheap, oily polishes or waxes. They will collect dust and over time leave a waxy build up or film of grime.
- Extremely hot (coffee cups, dishes, cigarettes) and cold (drink cans) items should not be placed directly on the finish. This could damage the wood and the finish.
- Avoid the use of rubber, vinyl, and plastics items such as some placemats, TV pads, lamp pads, etc., as they may cause deterioration of the finish. We recommend using cloth backed items for these purposes.
Kincaid provides a limited one-year warranty to the original purchaser of first-quality Kincaid wood furniture from an authorized dealer that the furniture is free from defects in material and workmanship as noted. This warranty does not apply to purchasers of as-is or distressed products or display samples. Color and finish variations are natural in wood and are not covered by this warranty. This warranty applies under conditions of normal household use but does not apply to fading (furniture should not be placed in direct sunlight) or defects that result from negligence, soiling, improper cleaning, misuse, abnormal use, accident, or commercial use. For fabrics on our chairs, this warranty does not apply to piling, cleaning, shrinkage, wrinkling, wear, dye-lot variance, damage or failure due to chemical treatment other than by the fabric manufacturer, or damage caused by pets.
Kincaid will, for one year following the date of the original purchase, at Kincaid's option in its sole discretion, repair or replace, or provide a substitute for, any piece or part found by Kincaid to be defective in material or workmanship. Any costs for packing and shipping are not covered under this warranty. Service claims under this warranty should be made through the retail store from which the furniture was purchased. To obtain proper service under this warranty, the original purchase receipt should be kept.
S: To prevent overall soil, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot clean using a mild, water-free solvent or dry cleaning product. Clean only in a well-ventilated room and avoid using any product containing carbon tetrachloride which is highly toxic. Pretest a small area before proceeding. Cleaning by a professional cleaning service is recommended.
W: To prevent overall soil, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot clean using foam only from a water based cleaning agent such as a mild detergent or non-solvent upholstery shampoo product. Apply foam with a soft brush in a circular motion. Vacuum when dry. Pretest a small area before proceeding. Cleaning by a professional cleaning service is recommended.
WS: To prevent overall soil, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot cleaning using a mild solvent, an upholstery shampoo, or the foam from a mild detergent. When using solvent, follow instructions carefully and clean only in a well-ventilated room. With either method, pretest a small area before proceeding. Cleaning by a professional service is recommended.
SW: To prevent overall soil, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot cleaning for water-based stains use water based cleaning agents only, do not use solvents. For oil based stains use solvent cleaner.